With the iTyphoon application developed for Android platform by Nueva Technologies and launched last September 6, 2011, you can now get typhoon updates for FREE!
iTyphoon is a premium application that provides typhoon updates. It has four (4) screens: Details, Map, Reference, and Credits.
The Details screen:
1. HEADING (update number, current update date/time, next update date/time)
2. ICON (intensifying, weakening, steady)
3. SUMMARY (Philippine typhoon name, international typhoon name, current eye location, maximum windspeed, gustiness, area of responsibility, direction and speed, heading towards location)
4. BACKGROUND (no typhoon, over ocean, landfall)
5. NARRATIVE (descriptive behavior of the typhoon)
6. SIGNALS (Public Storm Signal Warnings issued by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
7. DISTANCES (distances with respect to places of interest and popular destinations)
8. FORECAST (weather outlook for the next 2-5 days)